A bequest is a gift made through a will or a living trust — either as a specific amount of money, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder of your estate. It’s the most common planned gift, the easiest to make (often without the expense of hiring a lawyer), and costs nothing during your lifetime.
How It Works
- Contact your attorney and change your will or trust to include a gift to AE911Truth.
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
Benefits You Should Know
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular project (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
A Gift from Your Will or Trust Makes Sense If:
- You want to help ensure AE911Truth’s future viability and strength.
- Long-term planning is more important to you than an immediate income tax deduction.
- You want the flexibility of a gift commitment that doesn't affect your current cash flow.
Your bequest can be a stated dollar amount, or you can bequeath specific property to AE911Truth. Some of our friends prefer to bequeath a certain percentage of the remainder of their estate — the amount that remains after paying all debts, costs, and other prior legacies.
How do I know if this kind of gift is right for me?
A gift through your will or trust could be right for you if:
- You want the flexibility of a gift that doesn't affect your current cash flow.
- You believe in the mission of AE911Truth and want to see it continue for generations to come.
- You wish to create a charitable legacy and make an enduring statement about your priorities.
- You want to honor a loved one with a tribute gift.
- You already have a will in place or are preparing to write one. (See below if you don't have a will.)
Planning Pointers to Get You Started
A gift through your will or trust is one of the simplest legacy gifts to arrange. However, you have several options for how to plan your bequest, so you do need to do some basic planning to be sure you choose the type of bequest that suits you best. Don't worry. We're here to help every step of the way!
Your bequest can be:
- A certain dollar amount
- An item of value or a piece of property
- All or a percentage of the remainder of your estate after all debts costs and other bequests have been paid
- Contingent upon the passing of another beneficiary who gets first priority
- Designated to a specific purpose or program or unrestricted to be used where it is needed most at the time
How to make a tribute gift to honor someone you love.
Who's that special person in your life that deserves to be recognized? You want to shout their name to the world but wonder how. Maybe they are living, or perhaps they've passed on. If you're looking for a meaningful way to honor them, consider making a tribute gift in your will or trust to AE911Truth in that person's name.
Be sure you notify us of your gift. If you like, we will send a personalized notification of your gift (without saying the amount) to the person being honored or to his or her family and friends.
Do I have to re-do everything if I want to add a charitable gift in my will?
No. A simple document called a codicil is used to make amendments to an existing will. For example, you might use a codicil to change the executor of your will or to add a charitable gift.
Designating Your Gift
Your bequest may be unrestricted — to be used for AE911Truth’s highest priorities at the time it is received — or you may designate your bequest to support a specific purpose.
Legal Information and Suggested Bequest Language
The following information is provided to assist you, or your advisors, in providing for AE911Truth as a beneficiary of your charitable gift and/or estate plan. It's very simple to make a gift to AE911Truth in your will or trust. Provide the legal language below to your attorney to make it even simpler!
Language for Including AE911Truth in Your Will or Living Trust
"I hereby give to Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth:
the sum of $________________ [amount] AND/OR the following described property: ________________ [description] AND/OR ________% [percent] of the residue of my estate.
This gift is for the unrestricted use of AE911Truth.
OR this gift is designated for ___________________ [describe purpose(s) such as a specific project]."
Please contact us if you have already included AE911Truth in your estate planning or if you are considering doing so. Our federal tax I.D. number is 26-1532493. You may want to download a copy of our confirmation of IRS tax-exempt status.