You can designate AE911Truth as a life insurance policy beneficiary. This may allow you to make a larger gift than you’d be able to make outright. Your heirs also benefit because policy proceeds distributed to nonprofits are exempt from estate tax.
How It Works
- You transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to AE911Truth.
- AE911Truth elects to cash in the policy now or hold it.
- Make a gift using an asset that you and your family no longer need.
- Receive an income tax deduction equal to the cash surrender value of the policy.
Is this gift right for you?
A gift of life insurance is for you if…
- You are maintaining insurance coverage that your family no longer needs.
- You hold few appreciated securities in your portfolio, or few that you wish to donate and are looking for an alternative way to give.
- You are a younger donor who wants to create a future gift for us at a lower cost.
A life insurance policy is a wonderful asset that can be used to create a much greater philanthropic impact at AE911Truth than you might have thought possible.
If you are carrying more insurance coverage than your family obligations now require, or if you would like to explore a low-cost/large impact gift generally, consider using life insurance to create a meaningful legacy at AE911Truth for relatively little cost that could mean the difference for getting a real WTC investigation.
Donate an Existing Policy
You can irrevocably designate AE911Truth as the owner and beneficiary of an existing policy. If the policy is fully paid up or otherwise has an internal value, you will be able to claim a current income tax charitable deduction at the time of contribution for approximately the cash surrender value of the policy. In addition, if the policy is not yet fully paid up, you will continue to make annual premium payments as they are due and will be able to claim a tax deduction for each payment.
Designate AE911Truth as Beneficiary
If you have a policy that is not yet ripe for outright donation, you can create a wonderful legacy by designating AE911Truth as a partial or full beneficiary of an existing policy. You will retain ownership of the policy and the flexibility to change your beneficiary designation later if your circumstances change, but any policy proceeds distributed to AE911Truth will be exempt from estate tax in your estate and create a wonderful legacy at comparatively low cost.
Please contact us if you have already included AE911Truth in your estate planning or if you are considering doing so. Our federal tax I.D. number is 26-1532493. You may want to download a copy of our confirmation of IRS tax-exempt status.