A Charitable Remainder Trust is a trust that pays a percentage of its principal to you and/or other beneficiaries you name, either for life, for a term of up to 20 years, or for a combination of both. You receive a charitable income tax deduction for a portion of the value of the assets placed in the trust. After the trust terminates, the balance goes to AE911Truth.
How it Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. The recommended minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to AE911Truth to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up-front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow for additional income and tax benefits.
Is this gift right for you?
A charitable remainder Trust is for you if…
- You want to make a significant gift to AE911Truth while retaining or increasing your income.
- You hold appreciated property, such as securities, a closely-held business, real estate, or partnership interests, and would like to avoid the capital gains tax associated with a sale.
- You want the opportunity for your income to grow over time.
- You desire maximum flexibility in the operation of your gift.
- Best for high net worth donors with taxable estates.
A charitable remainder trust is a separately invested and managed charitable trust that pays a percentage of its principal, revalued annually, to you and/or other income beneficiaries you name for life or a term of years. You receive a charitable income tax deduction for a portion of the value of the assets you place in the trust. After the trust terminates, the balance or "remainder interest" goes to AE911Truth to be used as you designate.
Please contact us if you have already included AE911Truth in your estate planning or if you are considering doing so. Our federal tax I.D. number is 26-1532493. You may want to download a copy of our confirmation of IRS tax-exempt status.