You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little creativity, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce federal taxes, and support AE911Truth far into the future.
How it Works
- Name AE911Truth as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to us by contacting your plan administrator.
- Important! Tell AE911Truth about your gift. Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us. So if you don't tell us, we may not know.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Your heirs avoid the potential double taxation on the assets left in your retirement account.
A gift from your retirement account is for you if…
- You hold a 401(k), IRA, or other retirement plan.
- You prefer to make a gift to us through your estate plan.
- You want to balance your giving between providing for your family and for us.
- You want to ensure the most efficient distribution of the assets in your estate.
If the largest asset in your estate is your retirement plan, such as a 401(k), IRA, or Keogh, you may be surprised to learn that the IRS will impose income tax on the remaining balance in the account if you designate it to any other beneficiary, including your spouse.
This tax is in addition to the estate tax that may be imposed on the account. For estates fully subject to the estate tax, the result can be that up to 70 percent of the value of your retirement plan will be consumed in taxes before your child, relative, or friend receives it.
There is a sensible charitable alternative.
Name AE911Truth as the beneficiary of your retirement plan, then use other assets not subject to income tax to make gifts to your heirs. AE911Truth, as a qualified non-profit, won't pay income tax on our distribution and your heirs will receive their share of your estate without the burden of extra taxes.
Please contact us if you have already included AE911Truth in your estate planning or if you are considering doing so. Our federal tax I.D. number is 26-1532493. You may want to download a copy of our confirmation of IRS tax-exempt status.